Hik-Connect is a new service introduced by Hikvision which integrates the dynamic domain name service (HiDDNS) along with alarm push notification service. It’s an easier, more secure way for devices to connect to the Internet whilst reducing the devices online digital security footprint and vector of attack, essentially keeping you safer from would-be hackers.
Hik-Connect’s P2P functionality allows connections outbound from your device (NVR/Camera) to the Hik-Connect service for alarm push notification and Live View. The new Hik-connect apps available on both the Apple Appstore and Goggle Play is designed to work with Hikvision series DVRs, NVRs and IP cameras which support Cloud P2P function. It allows you to Live View your cameras remotely without the need to enable UPNP and setup complex inbound port forwarding rules on your modem/router.
All you need to do is create an account and add your devices into it, then you can enjoy the real-time video from cameras on a global scale. It also allows you to play back recorded video to search alarm triggers. When motion detection alarm of your device triggered, you can get an instant message notification (or emails if you prefer) from the Hik-connect app.
- Real-time monitoring
- Video/Audio playback
- Instant native iOS & Android notification
- No port forwarding, UPNP or DDNS
Hik-Connect Set up Guide
Our new guide is for newer users to show them how to add Hik-Connect service with minimal downtime and fuss. If you need further support, simply contact us or leave a message.
Hikvision recommends that you enable the UPnP function on both your router and device, or configure Port Forwarding manually in your router. Whilst now unnecessary it may still be required should you have other software or applications that require these services.
You still can use Hik-Connect service even if you don’t enable UPnP or configure ports forwarding manually; however, you cannot use Hik-Connect domain name service.
Please be aware that the images used in our setup guide may not be the same as yours as the software or firmware is updated over time. However, the information and settings required to setup Hik-Connect services are very similar across all supported products.
Register your FREE Hik-Connect account
Very straight forward- just visit the Hik-Connect web portal and register. Here’s a short video if you seem stuck.
Adding devices into Hik-Connect account
Users can enable Hik-Connect function via Hik-Connect APP; www.hik-connect.com web portal; iVMS-4500 app or iVMS-4200 client.
Method 1: Add devices via Hik-Connect APP
- Run Hik-Connect app at your mobile
- Add the device by scanning device QR code or inputting device serial number manually
- Once device is found, select or click ‘Add’ to continue
- Input device verification code to finish
- Go back to Hik-Connect and add all remaining devices
How to find the device verification code?
If you cannot find your verification code simply check the code on the label printed on the Network Video Recorder or IP Camera.
The verification code can also be found by logging into your devices GUI or directly from the NVR. This is handy if you have already installed your system
Method 2: Add devices via Hik-Connect web portal
- Type www.hik-connect.com into browser location bar
- Register and account and setup your password
- Login with your account user name and password
- Go to Device Management and click Add to add a device
- Input your device Serial number when prompted then click Search
- When a connection is made to the device a popup will show the model and confirm the S/N. If this is the desired device, Click ‘+’ to continue
- Confirm you get ‘Device configured correctly’ pop-up
- Double click on the IP address and Port No. of a connected device, a new window opens showing the login screen for the device. Enter the user name and password to login into the device
Simply open up or log back into to your mobile Hik-Connect application and ensure your devices are listed and synced up. Here’s another video of the whole process that may be easier for some:
We seem to be getting a few messages from users regarding not being able to connect their cameras to Hik-Connect. In all instances, these users have acquired Grey Market camera’s running older firmware revisions. Updating these Grey Market sourced equipment can be problematic as they tend to revert to their original Chinese language if done so using official channels. We advise users to buy local domestic cameras and equipment from authorised sellers to minimise this risk.
If have also seen some issues where the verification code needed to complete adding cameras is not correct. If the verification method was via internet activation and does not work after a few codes you can either find the verification code on the camera itself (just above the serial number), via the SADP tool or by logging into the camera itself.